Regulations concerning relief in the duty to notify Customs about small aircraft etc. in traffic between Norway and other Schengen countries. (Regulations to the Act on Customs Duties and Movement of Goods (Customs Regulations) - Section 3-2-2, 3-2-6, 3-3-1 and 3-7-1.)
Notification about small aircraft crossing the border may be directed to:
Section 3-2-2 Destination upon arrival by aircraft
(1) The person in charge of an aircraft shall ensure that the aircraft proceeds directly to an airport with international status.
(2) Aircraft with a maximum permitted takeoff weight not exceeding 5,700 kg and approved for a maximum of ten passengers may use the landing places for small aircraft that are listed in Appendix 3. These landing places may only be used in connection with private flights and taxi flights in service between Norway and other Schengen countries. Itineraries shall be presented to the Directorate of Customs at least four hours prior to arrival.
(3) Only goods as mentioned in the Customs Act Section 3-1 sub-section 3(a) may be brought along in aircraft using landing places as mentioned in sub-section (2). The same applies if notification and statement of goods has been given according to Section 3-1-9. Persons arriving by such aircraft shall not leave the aircraft before the arrival time stated to the customs authorities. Nor shall goods brought along be removed from the aircraft before that time.
(4) The aircraft shall not leave the landing place earlier than stated in the itinerary without the customs authorities’ permission.
Section 3-2-6 Exemption from the requirement as to place of arrival
(1) The customs authorities may upon application grant a carrier general permission for the means of transport to proceed directly to a place where the customs authorities are not stationed or to an airport without international status. The customs authorities may limit such permission to
(a) arrival at certain times and at certain places
(b) transport of certain types of goods
(c) goods to certain consignees.
(2) Section 3-1-18 sub-sections (2) to (4) and Section 3-1-19 apply correspondingly.
Section 3-3-1 Obligation of notification upon arrival at the destination
(9) The person in charge of an aircraft intending to use a landing place for small aircraft pursuant to section 3-2-2 shall present a copy of the fully completed itinerary to the Directorate of Customs at least four hours prior to arrival. If it is subsequently wished to change the arrival times stated in the itinerary, the Directorate shall be notified of the change as soon as possible. The same applies to cancellations.
Section 3-7-1 Obligation of notification upon leaving the customs territory
(6) The person in charge of a small aircraft (an aircraft with a maximum permitted takeoff weight not exceeding 5,700 kg and approved for a maximum of 10 passengers), shall notify the Directorate of Customs of departure at least four hours prior to departure. Section 3-3-1 subsection (5) on submission and change of itinerary applies correspondingly.
List of landing sites in Customs Region Northern Norway
List of landing sites in Customs Region Western Norway
List of landing sites in Customs Region Central Norway
Mo i Rana
Verdal Helikopterplass Slottelid
List of landing sites in Customs Region Oslo and Akershus
Oslo sjøflyplass Fornebu
List of landing sites in Customs Region Southern Norway
Bykle (Hovden i Setesdal)
Longum Park (Arendal)
Åraksøyene (Valle i Setesdal)
List of landing sites in Customs Region Eastern Norway