Skip to content

Shopping fireworks outside Norway

You have to have a permit if you are bringing fireworks to Norway.

It is the Directorate for Civil Protection and Emergency Planning (DSB) that decides whether you may import fireworks you have purchased abroad. Therefore you have to apply to DSB for permission to import fireworks to Norway. To get the permit you altso need a sertificate from Norsk brannvernforening.

Read more at (only in Norwegian)

You have to contact Norwegian Customs in the red channel if you are bringing fireworks across the border. There you have to present a valid permit from DSB.

Norwegian Customs will confiscate fireworks discovered in a spot check in the green zone – regardless of whether you have a valid permit from DSB and what you paid for the fireworks is within the duty free limit.

Do you have any questions about the import of fireworks or how you apply for an import permit?