Skip to content

How to apply for a TRK - customs ID-number

Persons and companies that import and export goods are obliged to give their personal ID-number or business-number given by The Norwegian Authorities. 

If you already have a TRK number, this can be used. You do not need to apply again.

You must apply for a TRK-number if

  • Persons who do not have a Norwegian personal ID-number or D number. A D number is a temporary ID number. Read more about D numbers at the Norwegian Tax Agency.
  • People who have a Norwegian personal ID-number or D number, but have reported moving from Norway and live abroad or have recently lived abroad.
  • Companies that do not have a Norwegian organization number from the Norwegian Business Register.

It is often the freight forwarder who, on behalf of you or your company, applies for TRK. We recommend that you clarify this with the freight forwarder in advance.

How do you apply

You can now apply for TRK in Altinn without using email. The old application forms will be available for a month as a transitional arrangement.

Go to application form

If you have a Norwegian Social Security number or D Number and want to submit an application on behalf of another company – use ID-Porten to access Altinn as you usually do.

Users without a Norwegian personal or D-number

If you do not, select alternative at the bottom om the list called “Log in without Social Security Number / D number.”

To set up a user in Altinn – do as follows:

  • Log in to Altinn 
  • Select “Log in without Social Security Number / D number”
  • Next – select “Create a new user” at the bottom of the page and fill out the form.
  • When your user has been set up – log in and start filling out the application.

What information must be included in application?

Private individuals need to include:

  • A copy of a valid ID – such as a passport.
  • Clearance document, invoice or consignment note for the goods in question. 

Enterprises must attach the following:  

  • Invoice/consignment note identifying the consignment with the appropriate ID number, TIN/TNI/EORI/UEI or DUNS, etc., and the enterprise’s country of origin. 
  • If the ID number is not specified on the invoice/consignment note, you must attach a document confirming the enterprise’s ID number. This could be a certificate of registration from a foreign public register of enterprises, with their foreign organization number.